Monday 11 April 2016

Such a big invitation I plan to wear pants

Instead of the usual prayer, the next sitting of the Dáil will open with me reading this poem - 'Vote of No Confidence'. I thank the Oireachtas Committee on #DailReform for this invitation and plan to go so far as to actually wear pants for the occasion. 
 
yer man from Atheist Ireland
Michael Nugent of Atheist Ireland has described the committee's decision to invite me along as "A brave move by our leaders and a clear sign of our maturity as a nation."
The pants I'll be wearing while reading my poem in Dáil Eireann.
Sean O'Fearghail
To mark the occasion Ceann Comhairle Sean O'Fearghail has arranged to have an A1 copy of my poem printed and bound in the skin of Ian O'Doherty of The Irish Independent. 
'journalist' Ian O'Doherty before they took his skin