Friday 20 June 2014

Be Careful Who You Marry

Your man in Tullamore whose name I've permanently forgotten has drawn an important fact to my attention: I am married to a dangerous political extremist, the militant pro abortionist Susan Millar DuMars”. The literary and political giant that is your man in Tullamore is unhappy at being dumped as an Anti-Austerity Alliance candidate for Offaly County Council on foot of an article on this here blog

I don't know what to do now. I've managed to make it to the untender age of 47 without ever once knowingly associating with political extremists. Now, it turns out I'm married to one. Here I am reading the poem I wrote the week of our wedding in 2005.  I understand that Susan will be blogging on this subject herself in the next few days. She has some serious explaining to do.