Tuesday 12 April 2016

In which I'm carried through gates of Leinster House by six naked (male) TDs

Maureen O'Sullivan TD, Sean Canney TD, & Shane Ross TD have this morning sent a document to both Enda Kenny & Micheál Martin proposing that one of my poems be the basis of a 'Programme for Partnership Government 2016-2019'. 
'Pop-Up Policies' is available on Clare Daly TD's website. As a poet, or, as the eminent U.K. historian Francis Wheen prefers to call me, a 'poet', this is a proud moment indeed.

Shane Ross phoned me this morning to ask if I would come along and read 'Pop-Up Polices' to the negotiating TD's. 
 I told him that I will, on one strict condition. 
I must be carried into the meeting, through the gates of Leinster House, by a group of six naked (male) TDs. Two from Fianna Fáil, two from Fine Gael, one from the Independent Alliance, and, if at all possible, Leader of the Green Party Eamon Ryan.

Deputy Ross told me that, the way the negotiations are going at the moment, that should not be a problem.